Available from Dynamic Systems Inc.
SunMate® is a high-performance, medical-grade "memory" foam with slow spring-back. It contours to the body and slowly returns to its original shape once pressure is removed. SunMate's open-cell structure maximizes airflow to reduce heat buildup, while its viscoelastic properties allow it to uniformly distribute pressure and absorb impact energy to alleviate sitting fatigue. SunMate is one of the most comfortable, versatile, and economical cushion materials on the market today.
- slow-flow body contouring provides uniform weight distribution for pressure relief.
- effectively absorbs 90% of normal-use impact energy, greatly reducing fatigue caused by sudden jolts or constant vibration.
- standard, custom, sheet and bun sizes available, as well as wedges and contoured cushions.
- 8 pressure support levels are available to accommodate any body weight or special weight-distribution need: Extra-Soft, Soft, Medium-Soft, Medium, Medium-Firm, Firm, Extra-Firm, and Hard.
- custom formulations upon request
- elastomeric, polyurethane, viscoelastic foam with open-cell structure.
- lightweight with a density of 5 lb/ft3.
- fabric-finished cushion can withstand years of use.
- retains physical properties beyond normal temperature ranges.
- Waterproof coatings and slipcovers available.
- In a fire event, burns with naturally low toxicity because it is formulated with 33-36% natural, plant-based ingredients.
- available with non-halogenated fire-retardant additives upon request.